The Hellenic Ladies Benevolent Society provides bursaries in the amount of $2,000 to eligible candidates of Greek origin.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Quebec
- Live in the Greater Montreal Area (includes North Shore and South Shore)
- Be enrolled, or intend to enroll, in studies or training during the upcoming academic year
- Prove financial need
Four categories of studies/training are funded :
- Post-Secondary Academic Studies
- Vocational Studies
- Sports Training
- Creative/Performing Arts Training
Candidates applying for post-secondary studies (ie. CEGEP or university) must be 16 years of age or older. There is no minimum age for Sports and Creative or Performing Arts candidates.
Adhering to a set of strict selection criteria, the Bursary Selection Committee, made up of several members of the Board of Directors (along with external invitees such as coaches and trainers as needed) will select four candidates – one for each stream –academic, vocational, sports, and Arts. Once selected, candidates will be asked to submit supporting documents (listed on the application form).
If you are interested in applying for an HLBS Bursary, please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com by September 30, 2022.
For any additional information, please call our
HELP LINE at 514-344-1666
HLBS Bursary Application
First and Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Do you have any Dependents?
Are you currently employed?
Which bursary are you applying for?
- Performing Arts
If you are a student, please indicate your level of education and name of institution:
Which year of studies will the bursary be covering? (First year, last year, etc.)
Field of Study/Major:
If this application pertains to a SPORT, please identify the type of Sport:
Describe your past Involvement in this Sport:
If a team sport, indicate position you will play:
First/Last Name of Coach:
Name of Educational Institution or Sports Association:
Tuition/Training Fees per season:
If this application pertains to the ARTS, please select the discipline:
- Contemporary Applied Arts (Ex. Carving, Furniture, Glass, Jewellery, Sculpting, etc.)
- Creative Writing
- Media Arts
- Visual Arts
First/Last name of Mentor/Instructor:
Supporting Documents Checklist- Should you be short-listed and invited to an interview, you may be asked to show originals or certified copies of the documents below. Please ensure that you have them.
- Birth Certificate or Copy ID/Passport
- Medicare or driver’s license
- Proof of Greek descent (ex. Birth Certificate of Greek parent or Greek grand-parent)
- Proof of Total Annual Gross of Applicant (i.e Income Tax Assessment)
- Proof of Total Annual Gross of parent or guardian if applicable (i.e Income Tax Assessment)
- Monthly Budget (income & expenses)
- Proof of Studies/ Training
(Ex. Academic Transcripts, Letter of Admission, Sports or Arts Membership, etc.)
LETTER OF INTENT -Please explain your reasons for studying/practicing your chosen field and indicate your future aspirations. (Max. 300 words)
PLEASE EMAIL the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org